Feb 3, 2013

Walking On Water


The leap of Faith


This year we experienced a massive temperature inversion in the Treasure Valley. For over 3 weeks the average temperature rarely rose above freezing. This made for terrible driving conditions, but created something far more breathtaking than anything I had previously imagined possible. 

The sky cleared up one Sunday morning, and whimsically I decided to drive up to the local dam to enjoy the sun in solitude. There I was greeted with an azure spectacle and was mighty happy I brought my camera along. 

A friendly couple who came down after seeing me walking on ice, offered to take my picture.



looks liquid enough...



The blue screen  - Contrary to what you might think, I haven't retouched or photoshopped any of these images 

I kept throwing large rocks to make sure it was safe to pass. 

Limbo - Liquid Water ---> sleet -->  Solid Ice

This probably was one of the most breath taking scenes I have ever witnessed. Coming from a hometown 7 degrees north of the equator it was hard enough finding ice in the freezer, but this was something I never imagined possible.


-M.Monk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dont be shy! I don't Bite...usually.