Jan 20, 2013

Meandering Through Manhattan

I must say, the Cannon S95 takes some really impressive photos, even when in the hands of a rank amateur like myself. I never did dabble in taking pictures much, but lately a very special someone been whispering to me and prodding me to take more :) 
Most (If any) of you looking through these pictures probably already know what they are so am going to try and keep the descriptions to a minimum . 
Probably one of my favorites. I just waited for the escaping steam to get parallel to the ground and the mail truck to turn into the frame.
I like how everything looks in Black and white :) 

From a different angle.
I saw the steam and  gravitated towards it. 


Inside the Macy's on 34th street 
looking down from 22 stories in the air.  



The Leaking apple Billboard
I suppose this ipad MINI aint as good as a MAXI -Pad after all.  :P






A Mesoamerican deity of some sort.
Loved her composed  demeanor. - At the Natural History Museum


I was being watched! 

Bright Blue Ganesha :) 

Iron Monkey! 



Ippudo!
some of the nicest Ramen i have eaten  and ah the staff are super nice as well. 

Winter in central park.
I just got lucky with the light, which made it look like fall 



A lobster in Neon Light looks far too lovely to eat 


The humble Rambutan.



Even in death, he smiled for the camera :) 


..and this guy waved.

Chinatown cacophony -
I love this place!


Carousels










Free entertainment on the subway.
This guy was running around on the trains ceiling!

That way Argo!
(<Wink>  Shadow of the colossus reference again) 



The vivid subway station
Now that I think about it, this looks like some depression awareness image or something
"Life all around you is so colorful - cheerup"

Am hoping the guy was doing just fine btw :)

Most of these pictures were taken in "Super Vivid Mode" and I didn't have to do much more than point and shoot. In some of them, to bring out more detail, I played around with the saturation and contrast settings using Microsoft Picture Manager which comes native with all windows PC's. I am yet to give Photoshop or lightroom a try, I hear it does remarkable things to photos. 

-M.Monk


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dont be shy! I don't Bite...usually.